Birla Corporation Limited (BCL) plays a proactive role in the socio-economic upliftment of people residing in and around its facilities.
Water Harvesting At Chanderia in Rajasthan
- It has actively supported establishment of Priyamvada Birla Cancer Research Institute at Satna (MP).
- The Medical Officer and para-medical staff visit nearby villages in Satna regularly to offer free check-up,
treatment and medicines.
- A 24-hour, fully-equipped dispensary, with a doctor and para-medical staff has been set up at Sagmania
Mines in Madhya Pradesh to benefit villagers.
- BCL has provided the required infrastructure for establishing an Ayurvedic dispensary at the Sagmania
Mines Colony, run by the Cess and Welfare Department, Government of India.
- Free eye treatment camps are organized to benefit villagers in Satna.
- At a family planning camp at Chanderia unit a good number of operations has been carried out recently.
- Pulse polio camps are organized at Birlapur in West Bengal for the wards of employees as well as
- A four-day AIDS awareness camp is organized at Birlapur on World AIDS Day.
- BCL constructed the boundary walls of the primary school in Baraj village, near Satna. Sports and
stationery materials are provided free in nearby schools.
- Repair and painting works are undertaken at the Adivasi School in Sagmania and other schools.
- School buses are provided for children living in Satna to attend schools in the city.
- At Nagri School, Chanderia, boundary walls and a computer room have been constructed.
- Sports materials are provided in the schools in Chanderia.
- Vocational training is provided at the Company’s plants and Corporate Office in Kolkata to students
pursuing Management and Engineering courses.
- Drinking water is being provided regularly in RCC water tanks, which are donated by BCL,
in nearby villages of Satna.
- BCL has contributed to the construction of a canal from Bansagar Dam to Satna Anikut for
providing water to the residents of Satna.
- The Company constructed a 75,000-litre RCC drinking water tank, at Surjana village,
near Chanderia, and laid water distribution pipelines.
- Drilling and pipe-laying work were done near Neelkanth Mahadev temple, at Chittorgarh.
- At Birlapur, blood donation camps are organized in association with NGOs.
- Midday meals are provided once a month to children and underprivileged residents at the Birlapur locality.