Birla Corporation Limited (BCL) plays a proactive role in the socio-economic upliftment of people residing in and around its facilities.
Water Harvesting At Chanderia in Rajasthan
- It has actively supported establishment of Priyamvada Birla Cancer Research Institute at Satna (MP).
- The Medical Officer and para-medical staffs visit nearby villages in the Satna area every week to offer free check-up, treatment and medicine.
- A 24-hour, fully-equipped dispensary, with a Doctor and para-medical staff is maintained at Sagmania Mines (MP) to benefit the villagers in the vicinity.
- The Company has provided the required infrastructure for establishing an Ayurvedic Dispensary at Sagmania Mines Colony, run by the Cess and Welfare Department, Government of India.
- Free eye checking and treatment camps were organized to benefit the villagers in the Satna area.
- A family planning camp was organized at Chanderia unit recently wherein 80 operations were carried out.
- Eight pulse polio camps have been organized, at Birlapur (WB), for the wards of our employees as well as local habitants.
- A four-day AIDS awareness camp was also organized at Birlapur on the last AIDS Day.
- The Company constructed the boundary wall of the Primary School, Baraj village, near Satna. Sports and stationery materials were also provided free in nearby schools.
- Repair and painting works were undertaken at adivasi School, Sagmania, and other schools.
- School bus facility was provided for children, living in Satna areas, to attend school in the city.
- At Nagri School, Chanderia, the boundary wall and a computer room were constructed.
- Sports materials were provided in the nearby schools in Chanderia area.
- Vocational trainings are provided to students, pursuing Management and Engineering courses, at the Company’s plants and Corporate Office, in Kolkata.
- Drinking water is being provided regularly in RCC water tanks, constructed by the Company, in nearby villages of Satna.
- The Company contributed in the construction of a canal too to bring water from Bnsagar Dam to Satna Anikut for providing water to the habitants in Satna area.
- The Company constructed a 75,000-litre RCC drinking water tank, at Surjana village, near Chanderia, and laid the water distribution pipelines too.
- Drilling and pipe-laying work was done near Neelkanth Mahadev temple, at Chittorgarh.
- At, Birlapur, blood donation camps are organized in association with NGOs for the local habitants.
- “Mid Day Meals” are provided to the children and destitute in the locality, once in a month.